We don’t mean to brag… but we care about our passengers. Like, a LOT. That’s why we’re so excited to announce San José Mineta International Airport (SJC) won the prestigious Air Service Quality (ASQ) Award for customer experience. Airport Council International-North America (ACI-NA) recognized SJC as the Best Airport of 15 to 25 million passengers in North America, as chosen by passengers. This is a testament to our commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
The ASQ program is the world’s leading airport customer experience measurement and benchmarking program. It’s based on live research and surveys conducted at the airport, which cover over 30 performance indicators across key elements of the passengers’ airport experience such as ease of navigating, check-in, shopping and dining.
SJC is always looking to improve the customer experience, and the ASQ Award is a recognition of our success in doing so. We have made it a priority to enhance our facilities, provide more amenities and cultivate our customer service to ensure that passengers have a seamless and enjoyable experience.
What We’ve Done at SJC
As we approach the milestone of returning to 12 million passengers per year for the first time since the pandemic started, we are proud to present some improvements made throughout the airport:
- Increased focus on technology: upgraded to the fastest Wi-Fi in a U.S. airport, implemented an online parking reservation system, introduced carsharing innovation with Turo, upgraded to San José Clean Energy’s TotalGreen service that provides 100% percent renewable energy, piloted autonomous wheelchairs and was named Alaska Airlines’ Innovation Hub.
- Achieved the highest levels of cleanliness and safety, as the first California airport to earn the GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation.
- Supported the local business community by providing opportunities to open new concessions at the airport.
- Enhanced the City of San José’s Public Art Program by introducing several public art installations developed by Bay Area artists.
- Developed and launched a new brand identity after more than 30 years to highlight the ease and simplicity of SJC.
- Expanded our offering of international destinations and airlines.
Additionally, SJC is proud to have once again made the list of Top 50 International Airports in North America according to the Airport Experience News (AXN) Factbook – a list revered within the Aviation industry for all things Concessions. These rankings are driven by sales-per-enplanement (SPE), or simply how much each passenger spends on average in the terminal before boarding their flight. SJC first entered the Top 50 in 2018. In 2019, we ranked 34th, and in 2021, we secured the 19th position.
We won’t lie – it feels good to be recognized. We’re grateful to receive these awards, and we’ll keep working to provide you with excellent passenger experiences that are simple and intuitive.
Fly Simple. Fly SJC.