Updated May 2, 2023
|SJC is the first California airport to earn GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation. This global accreditation recognizes SJC’s commitment to having the highest levels of cleanliness and safety. To achieve GBAC STAR™ accreditation, a facility must demonstrate compliance with the program’s 20 elements, which range from standard operating procedures and risk assessment strategies to personal protective equipment, and emergency preparedness and response measures. Learn more.|
The health and safety of our travelers, employees and all airport users remain the SJC team's top priorities. We continue to work closely with our local, state and federal partners to ensure your travels through our Airport are comfortable and safe.
We recommend travelers arrive at the Airport three (3) hours prior for international flights, and two (2) hours prior for domestic flights.
Testing and Vaccine Information
COVID-19 TESTING: Tests are no longer available on-site at SJC. Check with your airline and the public health authority at your destination for applicable testing requirements. For international travel requirements and updates, please visit the CDC's website.
VACCINE INFORMATION: Vaccine requirements vary by destination. Please check with your airline and the public health authority at your destination for applicable details and requirements. For information regarding vaccine availability and distribution, please visit the CDC's website.
Healthy Travel and Testing Resources from SJC's Airline Partners
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Hawaiian Airlines
- JetBlue Airways
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
For additional questions related to testing, please contact your airline directly.
What To Expect at SJC
FACE COVERINGS: As of April 18, 2022, face coverings will no longer be required at SJC. However, masks are still strongly recommended by the CDC, and requirements may vary based on local ordinances, international laws, and/or your airline. Please consult with your airline and the public health authorities at your destination prior to traveling.
FOOD, BEVERAGE & RETAIL: Please visit our Concessions pages for the latest updates and amenities.
FLIGHT SCHEDULES & STATUS: For the latest updates regarding your flight status, please contact your airline directly.
PARKING: Visit our Parking page for the latest information.
GROUND TRANSPORTATION: Visit our Public Transit and Scheduled/Charter Buses pages for updated ground transportation schedules (including Valley Transportation Authority [VTA] bus and light rail services).
TSA SECURITY: For information regarding TSA's latest guidance to travelers, visit the TSA website.
What We've Done at SJC
SJC has taken action to improve the Airport's health and safety measures, including:
- Partnering with Security Point Media to replace bins previously used by the TSA at the security checkpoints. The new bins are layered with Microban Technology which kills 99.9% of bacteria.
- Providing hand sanitizer at high-touch areas of the Airport terminals, and sanitizing wipes at TSA security screening checkpoints.
- All escalator handrails have new and innovative ultraviolet light (UVC) devices installed to disinfect handrail surfaces killing up to 99.9% of bacteria and viruses, and restoring a freshly sanitized surface for each person to grasp.
- Crafting and installing acrylic shields for airline ticket counters, gate areas, and other customer service delivery points.
- Posting public health signage in employee and public restrooms and other spaces.
- Encouraging employees and passengers to wash their hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Providing guidance on healthy travel to the public via this website and social media.
- Performing deep-cleaning of TSA passenger screening checkpoints on a regular basis.
- Conducting additional cross-contamination training with all custodial staff.
- Providing the latest information to our employees and passengers as it becomes known to Airport management.
Our Airport facilities are routinely cleaned to meet or exceed the latest CDC guidance. This routine cleaning includes:
- Cleaning and disinfecting trash receptacles, water fountains, hydration stations, ticket counters, restroom stall door handles, elevator buttons, etc., throughout the day.
- Disinfecting restrooms roughly once every two hours.
- Deep-cleaning all public areas of the terminals each night using a stronger cleaning agent.
How To Travel Safely
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and all other communicable diseases such as flu, colds, etc., the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that all persons follow respiratory hygiene etiquette measures, including:
- Stay home and avoid travel when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and clean your hands.
- Always wear socks when traveling, so if you need to remove your footwear for TSA screening you are not barefoot.
- Place items from your pockets inside your carry-on bag before arriving at the TSA screening checkpoint to reduce your contact with surfaces and screening bins.
Middle Seat Blocked?
COVID Cancellations/ Refunds?
COVID Testing Available?
Public Health Resources
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions regarding travel and COVID-19, visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/faqs.html
The CDC provides current travel notices for international travel to affected countries. Visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
County of Santa Clara Public Health Department provides the latest information and guidance regarding COVID-19 in our region. Visit: https://www.sccgov.org/sites/phd/DiseaseInformation/novel-coronavirus/Pages/home.aspx
COVID-19 resources are available for San Jose residents at: https://www.sanjoseca.gov/news-stories/news/virtual-local-assistance-center