Sustainability Management Plan (SMP)
- SJC has implemented a campaign to switch-out conventional lighting, with efficient and energy-saving LED lighting throughout the Terminals.
- The Airport designs and builds all new construction to meet the U.S. Green Building LEED Silver Certification, with a goal to meet LEED Gold Certification.
- SJC utilizes "smart" technologies, such as Building Management Systems (BMS) to control lighting and HVAC, which allows the Airport to track usage in real-time. By adjusting lighting and HVAC to meet the real-time needs using the BMS, the Airport can reduce energy consumption.
- In addition to reducing energy usage at the Airport, SJC installed a 3.4-acre solar PV farm that produces 1.1 Megawatts of electricity.
- SJC also made the switch to San Jose Clean Energy, which provides 86% carbon-free electricity.