SJC Media Relations | 408.392.1199 | email@example.com
Memorial Day Weekend Jump Starts Summer Travel at San José Mineta International Airport
Airport expects to see full planes over holiday travel period, encourages arriving early
San José, Calif. – San José Mineta International Airport (SJC) is preparing for a busy Memorial Day holiday weekend, inviting travelers to experience what it means by its newly branded tagline: Fly Simple. The Memorial Day holiday travel period extends from May 25 through June 2, with the busiest day expected to be Friday, May 26.
Flights are expected to be full throughout the 9-day holiday travel period. The Airport encourages travelers, especially those on early morning flights, to be sure to arrive at least two hours before departure, allowing plenty of time to park, process through security, and enjoy a snack or meal at one of the new dining concessions.
“It’s great to see the summer travel season starting with full planes and strong passenger traffic levels,” said John Aitken, Director of Aviation at San José Mineta International Airport. “Our teams have been focused on providing stellar customer experience, and we’re looking forward to seeing our terminals full of people who are as excited to be traveling again as we are to welcome them over this holiday weekend.”
Plan Ahead for On-Airport Parking
SJC has improved and increased its parking amenities to help make travel easier, including a dedicated Economy Parking Lot with a flat rate of $18 per day, a convenient online Parking Reservation System, and touchless entry/exit capabilities.
Parking reservations and real-time parking availability status are available online on the Airport’s website: flysanjose.com/parking.
Reminders and Tips for Safe and Easy Traveling this Summer
These additional travel tips and reminders will help get passengers to their boarding gates safely and faster:
- ARRIVE EARLY, at least 2 hours prior to departure, to allow for longer check-in and security lines.
- Remain vigilant about health and distancing. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, and cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue. Keep hands clean!
- Always wear socks when traveling to avoid having to go barefoot if TSA screening requires you to remove your footwear.
- Empty your pockets before arriving at the TSA screening checkpoint to reduce your contact with surfaces and reduce waiting times.
- Check in online before arriving at the Airport. Mobile boarding passes are accepted at SJC, however, a printed pass can be helpful if a mobile device experiences power or connectivity issues.
- Even with a boarding pass, reconfirm airline flight status before leaving for the airport.
- Be vigilant about plugging in devices into public outlets. Look out for signs of tampering.
About San José Mineta International Airport (SJC): Fly Simple
Fueled by a culture of innovation, San José Mineta International Airport (SJC) is the Bay Area's easiest and most dependable airport due to its medium size, simple layout, temperate climate, and inland location. Just minutes from downtown San José, SJC is a convenient gateway to Northern California and the Silicon Valley region, providing nonstop service across North America and to Europe and Asia. SJC is a self‐supporting enterprise owned and operated by the City of San José. For more airport information, visit flysanjose.com. Connect with SJC on social media at flysanjose.com/follow.
- SJC -