Before submitting your application to renew your Ground Transportation Permit, please ensure you have completed the following –
- Confirmed the company has no past-due invoices -
- We are unable to process payments at the Airport. The City of San Jose’s Finance Department is available to accept payment with a credit card.
- The Finance Department can be reached at 408-535-3872 and are available to assist Monday thru Friday, from 1 PM to 6 PM.
- You may need to leave a voicemail message for them to follow-up with you.
- Please do not leave any credit card information on the voicemail. Please be ready to provide your company name and agreement number.
- NOTICE – Effective July 1, 2021, when submitting a card payment, an additional service fee of 2.4% will be collected by a third party (Wells Fargo Merchant Services) to cover transaction processing fees. To avoid this fee, payments can be paid online via ACH/echeck, or paid in person with cash or check or by mailing a check. Note: the City is not able to accept in-person payments when the City Hall is closed to the public.
- Confirmed the company has no unpaid Citations -
- It is the company’s responsibility to ensure that all citations are paid.
- To check if your company has any unpaid citations, call the City’s Finance Department at 408-535-7055 and press option 5.
- Confirmed a valid AVI transponder is affixed to each vehicle operating at the Airport -
- Current decals that reflect a 06/2021 expiration will be valid until 07/31/2021
- 2021 Renewal Decals will be issued upon the successful completion of the renewal application.
- You will receive an email from the GT Office once you have successfully completed the renewal process and for further instruction.
- This does not apply to Lyft, Uber and Wingz.
- Be prepared to provide a current list of vehicles – Form Link
- Be prepared to provide current insurance – Link to Sample
- Be prepared to provide current workers compensation insurance or workers compensation waiver.
- Be prepared to provide a current copy of your Charter Party Certificate from the Public Utilities Commission, if applicable.
- Be prepared to provide a current Business Tax License Certificate, if applicable.
- Download and electronically sign the 2021 Permit Renewal Signature Form and be prepared to upload a copy of this document during the application process.
All of the above items must be met in order to be eligible to renew your permit. Ensuring all of the above is cleared/met before beginning the online application process, will ensure an expedited renewal of your permit.
To submit your application for renewal, please click on the following link - https://sjcairport.wufoo.com/forms/gt-permit-renewal/
We will also have a limited amount of appointments available for companies who would like to complete the application process in-person. Please click on the below link to schedule your in-person appointment – https://flysjc.as.me/?appointmentType=21573853
For in-person appointments, please park in Lot 2 and the Badging and Permitting Office will validate your ticket for the duration of your appointment.
Should you have any questions, please email the Ground Transportation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.